How do you keep bugs out of your home?
Proper caulking to seal gaps and cracks throughout your home can help keep pests from entering. Keep bugs out of your home by following these simple steps:
Find Entry Points
- Roof (trim, rafters, joints, sheathing, and siding)
- Outside pipes
- House Foundation
- Door & Window Frames
- Inside Pipes & Plumbing
- HVAC Systems
Should you use caulk or foam?
When to use caulk:
- Cracks or gaps are smaller than 1/2″ x 1/2″
- You need flexibility (because the joint might move)
- Application of caulk will be visible
- Application will be done on small, detailed areas
- Inside or outside application
When to use foam:
- Larger cracks/gaps
- Hard to reach areas
- Inside application (where there’s little to no moisture)
- You need extra insulation in the area
Sealing up gaps and cracks inside of your home is a simple solution to prevent bugs and other pests from entering. If the pests have already found their way inside, contact go2-pros for help with finding an extermination solution best for you and your family. Call now for a FREE service quote!